My favorite thought


Rejoice in His name and not in your circumstances.


Monday, April 21, 2008

freedom2fly

This last march was the anniversy of me becoming a christian. I've met Jesus 6 years ago and He has never left me and never will leave me.



"The LORD himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged." Deuteronomy 31:8



No, He didn't stand before like Moses or the disicples but I knew not only was He Lord, Creator, and Savior but that He wanted me. He wanted me to be free from sin so I can go home to Him when I die.He was calling my name. Whether that be today, tomorrow, or fifty years from now. Whenever; He has numbered my days.



Many people say, "Oh now I can do want I want and there will be no condemnation". That is a lie from the pit of hell. When you become a christian you will still sin (make mistakes), we still have to ask forgiveness and try to make things right. But I realize a few years ago that I realized that Christ took my lashes for me, He died for me. If I take my actions carelessly then I'm taking advantage of what He has done for me.



I call my blog freedom 2 fly thru Christ because now that He has freed me I'm free to follow Him and no longer have to dwell on the past. I'm free to be the person He intends me to be. Some people say, "The person I want to be". I use to think that too, but now I understand what God has planned for me is so much more bigger than what I planned. I want to be who He wants me to be. My life isn' about me any more it's about Him.



I write this not to receive pats on my back but, for the glory of God and ask you to search your heart to see if you have truly asked for forgiveness of your sins and if you have committed your life to the Master, Jesus Christ. And I ask you if you have comitted your life to Him that you too will encourage others to do the same. There is no greater joy than God using you to bring someone to Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment