My favorite thought


Rejoice in His name and not in your circumstances.


Tuesday, December 11, 2012

What's so wrong with asking questions?

I have this conversation so many times with people that I felt that I should write about it. So many people especially young people, myself included (especially in my teens), are told not to question your faith or religion. I was told that my faith should be strong and asking questions showed that I had a very weak faith. I was told that faith is something that you just believe in; you should not ask for nor want proof. Blind faith is truly not faith. I know many will gasp and will be angry but, I see it as stupidity. I will explain further later.

My question at 14 was the same as it is now, "What's so wrong with asking questions"? I do not care what age you are, nor do I care what faith you are, whether you agree with me or not on God and who He is. There is nothing wrong with asking questions? Nothing wrong with questioning what you believe is true. What's the point in believing in something if it is a lie? None. If it is not true, then it truly does not matter whether you believe it or not, it matters what we believe is true. Truth is the only thing that matters.

Of course my world view has changed over the years, thanks to God, and that's another story for another day. I do not have all the answers and I still ask questions. I have learned that there is nothing wrong with asking questions. Take a young child, learning about life, always asking their parents how things work and why. Though we may get annoyed from all the questions at times, we are still so excited that they want to learn and that they are learning. The same is with God though God is not annoyed with our questions. I believe He actually wants us to ask questions, even the questions that we call the HARD questions, the Controversial questions. No question is too hard for God and no question is controversial to God. 

God wants a relationship with you. A relationship that has no secrets. He knows all our secrets already, He just wants us to be honest about them. He wants us to be open and honest about what we think, how we feel and what we believe. That is not weak faith that's a strong relationship. God is omnipotent (HE can do anything (Matthew 19:26) within His character. It goes against His character to lie, therefore He cannot lie. (Titus 1:2, 2 Timothy 2:13), omnipresent (HE is everywhere) (Psalm 139:7–10, Psalm 11:4), and omniscient (HE knows everything) (Job 24:23, Psalms 33:13-15, Romans 8:27). God knows your thoughts, He already knows your questions so, your not going to surprise Him. He wants us to voice them, it is not showing weak faith, it's showing you want knowledge. There is nothing wrong with wanting knowledge. God wants us to have wisdom. How do you get wisdom? By asking questions and knowing God. There is no wisdom apart from God.

The way God gave a way for us to know Him and have an intimate personal relationship with Him, through Jesus Christ. If you know Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior. John 14:6 Jesus said, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me". Therefore, with Christ Jesus we can boldly go to the throne of God, humbly asking God our questions, and ask for His Help. (Hebrews 4:16)

It's not about having all the answers it's about knowing the One who has all the answers.

No comments:

Post a Comment