My favorite thought


Rejoice in His name and not in your circumstances.


Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Amazing how God works!

We went to our Wednesday small group tonight and studying James 2:9-13 on how we judge others. We have all felt judged as well as we have judged others. It was a good message and really nice to see that we are not to put ourselves above others. We are to love all people as we love ourselves (Matthew 22:39). Jesus COMMANDED us to "Love each other as I have loved you" (John 15:12). 

We all have felt judged at one time or another by what we wear, drive, extra pounds we have, past mistakes... 

After small group, I had to go to Wal-mart and pick up some things that I ordered for work that came in. My hubby did not want to go but came because he does not like me going by myself after dark. So we were picking up the last of our few items before leaving and a couple stopped my husband and told my husband, "Hey! Jesus loves you!" and told him how God has changed him and his wife life by sharing them from 14 years of addiction, 3 years of homelessness, and saving them in prison. They gave God their lives and He took them how they were and changed their lives completely, now they are out sharing with others how God loves them and can make a difference in their lives. 

I was about 3 isles away and my hubby yells, "Honey, come over here". I came over and said hello and introduced myself. My husband told them I work for the local crisis center. I gave them my personal card and the center's client number. They said they would pass the word around. I should have asked for their name and number as well. 

This man showed no fear to go up to a stranger and say, "Hey, man! Jesus Loves You!" Reminded me that when God tells us to speak, we speak. If God tells us to do something we do it. What bravery! I know that we met them for a reason and that my card will get to someone in need. 

Praying for the Adams family! I'm looking forward to meeting y'all again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment