My favorite thought


Rejoice in His name and not in your circumstances.


Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Be Still and Know that I am God

Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth.
(Psalm 46:10)

My thoughts have been how do we hear God? I got to thinking on this verse. For a person who probably has ADD; my thought is "How 'still' do I have to be?". The thing that comes to my mind is that it's not about being completely still, not moving a muscle; it's about keeping my mouth closed, and ears open. No it's not that we can't ask God questions but, that we ask our question and let Him answer. I don't know about you but, God a lot of the time answers me with another question. But just if we sit or lay perfectly still doesn't mean we are hearing God. For example take yoga for instant, just because they meditate and are completely still and quiet doesn't mean they know God or they are hearing God. I have researched yoga and the eastern religions. Meditation is the emptying your mind. Praying to and worshiping God is the exact opposite. We are to think on positive things, our blessings, The Truth (HIS WORD)...

8Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. 9Those things, which ye have both learned, and received, and heard, and seen in me, do: and the God of peace shall be with you.
-Philippians 4:8-9

So my thought today is that we are to be still, listen, hear, and think on the things of God. Be still and know He is GOD. He hears you every prayer, holds every tear in a bottle, and is wrapping His arms around you. That's what we have when we have a personal relationship with Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment