My favorite thought


Rejoice in His name and not in your circumstances.


Tuesday, June 12, 2012

My Goal

As many of you know I have been having some health problems for a long while now, especially in the last couple of years. For over 8 months now I have had some major MAJOR female problems with my cycle and hormones. I thought I was going to have to have a hysterectomy which is the very last thing I want to do but, felt I was running out of options. Since we just moved I could not get into a doctor until the end of June. I began to pray for me to see someone, anyone who could help me. I knew I could not wait 2 1/2 months so my best friend Shelly helped me find Dr. Secklinger online. Thank you Shelly!! XOXOX He is in a city not too far away and so I made an appointment.

I have been seeing Dr. Secklinger, ND/nutritionist (love him) for over a month now and I am feeling much better. :) He has taken a lot of things out of my diet: no gluten, wheat, dairy, yeast or sugar. So basically, I can eat vegetables, fruits and meat (of course no pork). If you would of told me that a month ago I would no longer crave sugar or chocolate; I would of told you that you were crazy! I could not live with out chocolate! I gasp as I say I don't care if I ever have it again. *GASP* Yeah I know your freaking out right now especially if you know me. MIRACLE!! Many cannot believe that I made it 3 days. lol!! That's okay I can't either!

Even after the first week, my symptoms began to dwindle. I am already off all my medication!! No asthma meds., no acid reflex meds. no artificial progesterone... I am taking the supplements and vitamins he suggested so, yes Mom, I am getting my vitamins. ;) I feel ten years younger! I have only had one headache the second day of detox and it was not too bad. I just laid down for a while and it was done. My stomach problems have lessened, my cycle is starting to straighten it self out and I am even starting to even sleep better. I know it will take a while to get there and I am okay with that. I don't own a scale so I do not know how much weight I have lost but, my pants hang on me and are about to fall off. I don't want to go buy new clothes just yet cause I will just have to buy more when I lose more. So I am hanging on to what I have until I can no longer wait.

My goal is to be healthy, though I know that will happen as I go. Everything else is a bonus!! I am to eat like this for 120 days and I have less than a 100 to go. (It takes 120 days to get all new red blood cells.) Though I wouldn't mind if this is the way I had to eat for the rest of my life so I quit counting the days. Though I do spend more on produce and meat, my grocery bill is not bad at all. I know many people think I am crazy; some saying I am going too extreme. Though I cannot seem to care. No offense. :) I still have bad days and hard times but, looking forward to what is to come. I'm starting a new season in life and really enjoying the journey! Thank you for those showing their support, calls, emails, advise and prayers. They mean so much to me!! I love you all!!

"...let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God" - Hebrews 12:1-2

"
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." -Philippians 4:13

Reference:
image from: http://www.adventurepostoffice.com/cards/thoughts/scripture/s30.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment