My favorite thought


Rejoice in His name and not in your circumstances.


Sunday, May 13, 2012

Bitter Sweet Mother's Day

               This week has been a rough one so, I knew that this weekend might be just as rough. This morning I woke up with a headache but went ahead to get ready for church service. As I played worship music and did my hair, I began to cry a little but when I went to go get into the car, it was really raining and the tears begin to fall. I got in the car and realized that I had a text from my mother-in-law wishing me a Happy Mother's Day and such a sweet note. I began to cry as hard it was raining. I was thankful that I did not put on make up yet. I got to the red light to turn to go to church and realized that I could not stop so, did not go and I went on to my Grandma's house.

                Today is Mother's Day! It is a hard and bitter sweet day! Day I love to celebrate my mother and the mother figures in my life, it is also a hard day missing my little ones. It's hard to realize that we would have teenagers now. One that would have a driver's license and two in high school, two preteens and a toddler in tow. Though I can see their faces and hear their laughs it is hard to imagine my empty house full of youngins'. It makes me laugh and cry at the same time.

Steven Austin-
'96- would 16 years old

Mary Dawn-
'98- would be 14 years old

Patrick Issac-
'00- would be 12 years old

Chasen James-
'01- would be 11 years old

Mercy Leigh-
'02- would be 10 years old

Shalom Marie-
'09 - would be 3 years old


                Today is the day I honor my children. Today's verse from my daily devotion touched my heart and reminded me the hope I have.

"And now he has made all of this plain to us by the appearing of Christ Jesus, our Savior. He broke the power of death and illuminated the way to life and immortality through the Good News."
- 2 Timothy 1:10

                   It's was like God tapping me on the shoulder asking me if I remember the dream He gave me of our children. That they are happy and content with my Lord excited for when He calls me home. Because of Him and His sacrifice I will be with them when that time comes. Thank you LORD for taking care of my children and taking care of me. Giving me peace and comfort in the midst of this storm. Mother's Day is bitter because the loss that is felt is great; it is sweet to know the promises of Christ will always stay the same.

                  


No comments:

Post a Comment