My favorite thought


Rejoice in His name and not in your circumstances.


Monday, August 19, 2013

Stepping out...

It is amazing when you have confirmation at what you are to do with your life. It seems like everything just flows and the excitement is so amazing! I feel like I am on cloud nine! Nothing surpasses the feeling when you help someone else and see the smile on their face. Nothing else matters at that time, except that I was able to help someone else. Not that there will not be other things I will do in my life, I have many roles and goals though my main goal and main role is all wrapped up in one: it is to help others. Amazed at what I have experienced and the great people I have met and it so cool to see things all coming together. Though we have to step out in faith even though we do not know future or the full plan.

            I think a lot of the time we dwell on what we do not have or where we are or what our circumstances are instead of realizing that we are exactly where we are suppose to be. I am a firm believer in that everything happens for a reason; that does not mean I always like what happens but that I know that everything has a purpose (Romans 8:28). Surely helps me endure difficult situations or difficult people. Knowing that I have a lesson to learn from each situation, each person, and this truly makes me grateful for each and every thing.

           So grateful to those who support me and also those who don't. Because I have learned that we do not do what we do because we want everyone to agree or support us, because we will never get that. You have to do what is right no matter who supports or agrees with you. If you are doing it because it is right not to get a reward or be accepted. My wise friend said to me, "Your reward for doing what is right is that you did what was right. You're reward might show up today, tomorrow or even in this life but it will come." Truly wise words to remember. Character is built when you do what is right even it not accepted.(Hebrews 6:11-12)

             Learning to do what you are called to do is so empowering and overwhelming at the same time. A good friend told me tonight, "If you are fearful that is good, you are stepping out of your box and you are growing. Don't let fear hold your steps back." So true!

            Having faith in God's plan even though I do not know God's plan. Trusting Him and His word. (Hebrews 12:2) So excited!

                                      *step*


No comments:

Post a Comment