My favorite thought


Rejoice in His name and not in your circumstances.


Friday, April 18, 2014

It's a Good Friday when...



     

                        Many ask "why is that you celebrate a day that Jesus died on the cross?" I have also been told, "That's morbid!" What many don't understand is that Yes, His death was shameful, horrific and yes He suffered greatly, (even beaten to the point of non-recognition of a man) for nothing he did or ever deserved. We recognize this day to remember what He has done for us, God came in flesh, lived a perfect sinless life, then suffered, bled and died this horrific death in our place (Matthew 27:27-50). It's in remembrance, a thank You for did it for me. He took my punishment to save me!

“All have sinned and fall short of the glory of God” (Romans 3:23);
for the wages of sin is death;
but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord” (
Romans 6:23).
   

               
  These were mine.  I deserved them, you deserved them and yet He took them. 




                   Many ask why a Christian wears and displays the cross around ones neck and around their home. One of my loved ones and I had a wonderful conversation once.
My loved one asked me, "Why do you wear such a gruesome symbol?"
I replied, "It's to remind me of what He has done for me."
My loved one: "That seems gruesome to hang a symbol around one's neck of how the way they were murder. Would you wear a bullet if he was killed by a gun?"
Me: "Yes, of course, because He did it all to cover my sins".




                  The thing we need to realize is yes, those who took part in his beating, shaming, suffering, condemnation and crucifixion was wrong and sinned (just as our own sins), though it wasn't the nails that held Jesus to the cross, it was LOVE!! He could have called down angels to save Him though He knew what needed to happen (Matthew 26:53). He knew He needed to die to pay for our sins.

                                It was on the cross that He said, “It is finished” (John 19:30). 


So it's a Happy Good Friday when...
you realize what He has done for you
because He loved you first (Romans 5:8)
and you react in loving Him back
with all your heart, mind and soul (Matthew 22:37).



No comments:

Post a Comment