My favorite thought


Rejoice in His name and not in your circumstances.


Sunday, June 15, 2008

The Book that Changed Not Only My Marriage but My Life!

The book that changed not only my marriage but my life was "Created to be His Help-Meet" by Debi Pearl of the No Greater Joy Ministries. I have read quite a few relationship books along with Dr. Laura's book, "The Proper Care and Feeding of Husbands". I thought the book has some really great points but something was missing. I couldn't put my finger on it at the time. Well Years went by and I still was struggling with how to be a good wife. I didn't understand it, after all those books and advice on certain situations I was still at a loss. Then a dear friend of mine, Kristy told me about Debi Pearl's book. God Bless You Kristy!
I ordered it and started reading it. I couldn't believe my ears on what this woman was saying. I wanted to throw it out my window or burn it with my bra (*LOL* my old femenist days). But I decided I was going to read the whole book and so I could make a real criticism of her book. I thought I was pretty dang smart. HA!! I realized after finishing the book that what it had that no other book I read had; Scripture. And she explained it so well that even my little mind could comprehend.
After reading it all the way through I decided I was going to try it for a week; just smiling at my husband even when he ticked me off. And oh my Lanta! It worked! I decided that Debi was right. I respect and honor my husband because that is what God has called me to do; not because he deserves it. Just like Husbands are called to love their Wives like Christ loves the church (His people); not because we deserve it.
Now I see my husband in a total different light. I enjoy him! I look at him and I am amazed that God gave me this man to love and cherish. I am so blessed! Not only has this changed my outlook on my marriage but also my life. It's been two years since I read the book, and now I am going to read it again to spiff up my skills.
I gave it to my mother-in-law because she gave me Dr. Laura's book. I first I felt it as a slap in the face. But after reading Debi's book I wanted to share it with everyone. And she loved it too. Next, I want to by a case to give out. So I encourage you to go and order "Created to be His Help-Meet" on nogreaterjoy.org
If it can change my marriage and my life I know He can do marvelous things with you.
Currently reading : Created to Be His Help Meet: Discover How God Can Make Your Marriage Glorious By Debi Pearl

No comments:

Post a Comment