My favorite thought


Rejoice in His name and not in your circumstances.


Tuesday, December 14, 2010

The Smell of the Rain


As I walk up the dusty trail before me
and I see my footprints follow me
as my dirty, murky past leaves a
long trail of deep imprints.
As I close my eyes I wish that I would
have never made those steps,
feeling the despair
and guilt that is stuck on me,
sorrowful I plead to God to forgive me.
As I ask these words
I can feel the tall green pines
and spruces begin to dance
in the breeze with joy.
The flowers are dancing along
with the trees to the
spring birds a singing,
the tall meadow grass
raising and waving like it’s their
arms in praise of God.
I feel the rain begin to pour over me,
cleanse me from the inside out,
dripping in the rain I care not
as I look behind me my path is swiped clean.
No more deep imprints but the
path made smooth and clean.
I twirl in awe and enjoyment of their song.
I love the smell and the feeling of the rain,
God’s tears of joy coming down over me.

No comments:

Post a Comment