My favorite thought


Rejoice in His name and not in your circumstances.


Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Have you ever had one of those moments where you wrestle with God back and forth?

One of my friends a couple of weeks ago called and asked me to  take over her Bible study at the Juvenile Detention Center in our county. I told them I would pray about it but as I begin to pray I already start to doubt even before I ask. Here is pretty much how my conversations went over the week...

Me: "I was like I have never lead a Bible study, I am not a leader."
And God said, "But I am."
Me: "I don't know anyone there."
And God said, "I know everyone; remember I created them".
Me: "What if the kids do not like me?"
And God said, "I didn't call you to be liked, I called for you to preach the gospel".
Me: "I am not qualified."
And God said, "How many times I do I have to say, "I don't call the qualified; I qualify the called" ."
"Ok, Yes Lord, I trust in You and what You are doing."
God, says "don't worry. I know the people better than you, I know the situations and circumstances better than you, and I know you better than you. And yet I still called you to be used by Me."

Each time we wrestle I look back and ask myself why do I do that. God is always gonna win! And Thank You God that you do!! Thank you LORD!! Much appreciated that you would use me anyways!! God is so good!!

Source:
Wrestling with God picture:
http://www.holyboastnetwork.com/profiles/blogs/wrestling-with-god

No comments:

Post a Comment