My favorite thought


Rejoice in His name and not in your circumstances.


Friday, March 23, 2012

MOVE!!!

               What is your favorite verse? What gives you peace when you hear it? What changes your direction when you hear it? God gives us His Word so we are not just touched but moved - moved to follow Him. This has been on my heart for awhile now. I am not here on earth to feel good all the time; I am here to move towards God and follow Him no matter what is my path.

"Then Jesus said, "Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest." -Matthew 11:28

                I do not know about you but, I love to work hard though I love to play hard. My rest maybe reading a book, talking with a friend, listening to music. I have been convicted that resting does not mean do not move and just sit on my butt. Rest means move towards God, place all your burdens on Him, rest in knowing He has my back, and continue to follow Him. When we rest in Him, we have peace no matter the battle ahead or around us.

               Knowing that God is in control at all times gives me peace and I am able to rest and trust in Him no matter what is going on. He is amazing! Rest in God - by Moving towards Him.








Source: Get a move on picture: 
http://www.ymcadallas.org/Index.cfm?FuseAction=Page&PageID=1001995

No comments:

Post a Comment