My favorite thought


Rejoice in His name and not in your circumstances.


Wednesday, June 5, 2013

...through the storm... i will rise!

           A friend of mine asked me, "why does God allow these [bad] things to happen"? If we are honest, I think we have all asked that question. I think that we question God and His motives when we are going through the storm. We wonder why God would allow such things and events. I use to believe the old saying, "God will only gives you what you can handle". I no longer believe that because, I cannot handle the storm; nor do I want to, we cannot handle anything without Him. I have realized that God gives me more than I can handle so I will lean on Him. God does not say, just believe in yourself. He says Trust in Me!

Proverbs 3:5
"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding;"

John 14:1
"Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me" (-Jesus).

It is not with us all things all possible it is with HIM ALL things are possible.

Philippians 4:13
"
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me."


        He is the One and the Only One that can handle my storms. He is teaching me lessons that I would not learn any other way and/or did not learn any other way. Truly this storm has taught me that I am not the master of this ship and nor do I want to be. GOD, Himself is the Master of my ship - my life and I only want Him to be in charge. I will man the deck and the sails when told. GOD has perfect timing and perfect knowledge so I am going to listen the Master Captain. He is the Captain of my vessel, Shepherd of this lost sheep, Life Guard of this drowning victim, He is My Boss - The BOSS!

         
      Through the dark valleys and the high peaks He is with me, I will never be alone; through the rockin waves and when I lose my focus He is there to save me when I call.


 Psalms 46:1
“God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble."

         Remember we we feel crushed and feel we cannot go on He is your refuge and strength and is always there when you need Him. When we are overwhelmed and feeling weak He is with us ALWAYS!

Psalm 34:18
The LORD is near to the brokenhearted and saves the crushed in spirit.

Matthew 11:28
"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest."

Matthew 28:20
"
...surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”


            No matter how dark the valleys get He is always there, wanting us to lean on Him and His word for comfort and strength. So grateful we can trust Him and His word for we can trust His character. So glad that I realize that it is not about me being worthy but me having faith in Him and Only in Him (Romans 3). It's ALL about FAITH in the ONE who can SAVE no matter what our storm is or how big! Praise the LORD i don't have to do this on my own, i have some to walk through the storm with me and HE will not even leave me (Hebrews 13:5) through the storm no matter how big or bad it gets i will rise ALL because HE is my strength and my comfort!





References and pictures:

Jesus saving Peter - http://www.christ-jesus-is-lord.com/christ-jesus-sitting-on-his-throne.html/2_religious_1-132631

Psalm 23 - http://images.search.yahoo.com/images/view;_ylt=A0PDoKxptq9Rum4AG7aJzbkF;_ylu=X3oDMTBlMTQ4cGxyBHNlYwNzcgRzbGsDaW1n?back=http%3A%2F%2Fimages.search.yahoo.com%2Fsearch%2Fimages%3F_adv_prop%3Dimage%26va%3DPsalm%2B23%26fr%3Dchr-greentree_ff%26tab%3Dorganic%26ri%3D1&w=500&h=500&imgurl=www.letuspraytoday.com%2Fpsalm23large.jpg&rurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.letuspraytoday.com%2Fpsalms.htm&size=56.8KB&name=%3Cb%3EPsalm+23%3C%2Fb%3E&p=Psalm+23&oid=147dd25ba6035a6061f7f7242b6abf43&fr2=&fr=chr-greentree_ff&tt=%3Cb%3EPsalm+23%3C%2Fb%3E&b=0&ni=21&no=1&ts=&tab=organic&sigr=1181oq2nc&sigb=13dqmr54s&sigi=1179u7mua&.crumb=ATl7tvIAJR6&fr=chr-greentree_ff



No comments:

Post a Comment