My favorite thought


Rejoice in His name and not in your circumstances.


Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Truth - Part One



Truth: (n)
truth [ trooth ]  
something factual: the thing that corresponds to fact or reality
true quality: correspondence to fact or reality
true statement: a statement that corresponds to fact or reality
Synonyms: fact, certainty, reality, actuality, veracity, verity
See full definition • Encarta World English Dictionary

I have been studying this word and what it means for a quite a few of months now. Many questions have come along with this word. I don’t know if you have heard of the Truth Project but you should check it out. It has really challenged my thinking, my beliefs, and my life. What do I truly believe? Is it Truth? Is it evident in my life? After doing the Truth Project at Church, and taking a Philosophy class through school, I truly had to ask these questions and they are not easy questions. I believe they are more emotionally harder than logically; because we as people do not want to look at their lives to see if they believing in a lie(s). Wanting to be blindly ignorant rather than admit we are wrong. As the sad saying goes, “Ignorance is bliss”. Such pride we have!   

Whether someone calls themselves Christian, another religion or even atheist, we all believe in truth. Truth in that we exist and have a physical body, that there is gravity to hold on the earth… I am going to step forward and I will able to stay on the ground to walk. Now does this go along with the belief in God? Even though someone may say there is no God, or/and that Jesus isn’t who he says he is: he is the first and only man who ever lived or with live a sinless life, died and suffered for our sins, and was risen from the dead. Does their belief change the truth? Is it like they fairytale of the fairies that our belief in fairies keeps fairies alive; so our belief in God keeps Him alive? I think not my friends. We all are accountable to God whether we say we believe or not. Romans 1:18-32 shows that everyone knows the truth of God. In verse 18-1918: For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men who suppress the truth in unrighteousness, 19: because that which is known about God is evident within them; for God made it evident to them.  Everyone knows that there is a God, and will be judged with this knowledge.  It is our pride that is the problem.  

John 14:6 “Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.”

John 1:1 “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.”

We should ask ourselves do we believe in the Truth? The Way? The Light? The Word? JESUS?


And what do we mean by believe? This belief will be adressed in TRUTH : PART TWO

On the final note of TRUTH part one:
    “And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.”
                                                                                                         - John 8:32

No comments:

Post a Comment