My favorite thought


Rejoice in His name and not in your circumstances.


Saturday, November 6, 2010

I don’t know about you, but there are times when I feel like my past comes back to revisit me and haunt me. When others mistrust or shun me because of my past, or just me beating myself up. When I am down about where I am at, because of certain things that have happened or are happening in my life. I start to dwell on my past and looking backwards instead of looking forward towards my God. You lose focus and are brought down and begin to beat yourself up. As I was reading tonight I came across a verse that hit home to the core and I had to share what God is working out in me.


“Wherefore say unto the children of Israel, I am the LORD, and I will bring you out from under the burdens of the Egyptians, and I will rid you out of their bondage, and I will redeem you with a stretched out arm, and with great judgments:” - Exodus 6:6


Just like God delivered the Israelites from Egypt and slavery, He has delivered each believer from the judgment of their sins. As I read this verse so many more verses came flooding to my rescue. Oh How I love the WORD!!


“If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.” -1 John 1:9



God makes us white as snow.

“Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.” - Isaiah 1:18

Our sins can NEVER haunt us again. He sends them as far as the east is from the west. And just in case you don’t know exactly what that means, like I didn’t at first. It means that the east NEVER EVER meets the west.

“As far as the east is from the west, so far hath he removed our transgressions from us.” - Psalm 103:12

We should remember where God has brought us from just as the Israelites needed to remember what God did for them.

“And Miriam the prophetess, the sister of Aaron, took a timbrel in her hand; and all the women went out after her with timbrels and with dances. 21And Miriam answered them, Sing ye to the LORD, for he hath triumphed gloriously; the horse and his rider hath he thrown into the sea.” –Exodus 15:20-21



If you are a believer and you are feeling condemnation for your past know that this is NOT from God but from the devil and his lies from the pit of Hell. He has made the believer into a new creation.


“Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new. “ -2 Corinthians 5:17


Therefore there is no condemnation when we are in Christ Jesus.

”There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. 2For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.” - Romans 8:1-2



Lord, I thank you for making a way for me to know you. Thank you for opening my eyes and my heart to your truth. Thank you for making me a new creation in You and making me white as snow. You are victorious! Over the heavens, the earth and all creation! When You make a promise; You keep it, when You set something free it is FREE INDEED!! Press these verses on my heart and every time I second guess what you have done for me, help me remember what you have done and help me hold onto Your Word! In the name of Jesus who Saves, Amen.

1 comment: